Recognizing the importance of personal information to customers and the protection of their privacy, HIOKI E.E. CORPORATION ("HIOKI") has adopted the following basic policies on its handing and use:
- Personal information is information that can be used to identify particular individuals. It includes, but is not limited to, names, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, and the identities of employers and internal company departments with which individuals are associated.
- HIOKI uses personal information for legitimate purposes such as providing information about new products, tradeshows, seminars, and other events and conducting questionnaires in order to facilitate product planning, development, and sales.
- HIOKI collects personal information by means of fair, legally sanctioned methods in strict accordance with Japan’s Personal Information Protection Act.
- Except where otherwise required by law, HIOKI’s utilization of personal information is limited to the scope of the purpose of use described above.
- Except where otherwise required by law or undertaken in accordance with the consent of the individual in question, HIOKI does not provide personal information to third parties other than its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- HIOKI has implemented a series of robust measures that encompass both technical and organizational aspects of information management in order to ensure the safety and integrity of personal information.
- Upon request, HIOKI will disclose the personal information in its possession, make such corrections as are necessary, and notify the individual of the results of those modifications. To prevent the unauthorized disclosure of personal information to third parties or the illegitimate alteration of personal information in its possession, this service is limited to instances where HIOKI can verify the identity of the requesting individual.
- Applicable Laws and Jurisdiction
This Privacy Statement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan, unless otherwise expressly provided. All disputes and controversies arising out of or in connection with this website and this Privacy Statement shall be submitted to the Tokyo District Court in Tokyo (main office), Japan as the Court of first instance. If any portion of this Privacy Statement shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, such portion shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining portion.
For more information
HIOKI E.E. CORPORATION
81 Koizumi, Ueda-shi, Nagano 386-1192