HEAT FLOW LOGGER LR8432
Compact & Lightweight Heat Flow Logger for Analyzing the Causes of Temperature Change
Hioki Memory HiLoggers are high-speed data loggers for recording multiple chanels of voltage, temperature, pulse or rotation signals, providing complete isolation between channels and strong noise resistance. The Hioki LR8432 is a handheld 10-channel data logger especially designed for heat flow measurement. The Heat Flow Logger is ideal for evaluating insulation performance and analyzing the causes of temperature change.
- Use a heat flow sensor to measure the movement and volume of heat energy
- Measure of temperature and voltage
- Record measurement data on a USB flash drive for easy transfer to a computer
- Record to reliable Compact Flash cards during long-term measurement applications for increased peace of mind
- Ten isolated analog input channels
- 10 ms sampling and recording across all channels
- Record raw waveforms and post-calculation waveforms at the same time. (Heat transmission coefficient processing)
- Two graduations can be displayed with a double gauge
- Automotive market (evaluating the flow of heat into the vehicle interior from the engine compartment, assessing heat damage to vehicle parts, identifying sources of heat, etc.)
- Residential construction market (evaluating the insulation performance of building materials, evaluating the performance of radiant heating systems, etc.)
Model No. (Order Code)
|LR8432-20||10 ch, English model|
A heat flow logger that’s ideal for addressing the root cause of changes in temperature
The LR8432-20 is a heat flow logger that visualizes quantities of heat.
By using a heat flow sensor to visualize movements of thermal energy (heat flows) and quantities of thermal energy, you can obtain data that serves as a leading indicator of changes in temperature.
Heat flow loggers as a useful tool for formulating thermal measures in R&D and performance evaluation
Visualizing heat flows (inflows and outflows) and quantities of heat with a heat flow logger is useful when you need to implement more precise air-conditioning control or formulate thermal measures as part of the product development process.
- Isolation of heat generated and dissipated in automotive parts
- Evaluate the thermal performance of building materials
- Measure the energy efficiency of consumer electronics
- Study the impact of body heat
- Diagnose the deterioration of insulation material in plant piping
- Index temperature fluctuation in agriculture and civil engineering
- Quality control of food storage
- Development of materials, sportswear and winter wear
Display heat flow and temperature gauges simultaneously
Heat flow and temperature gauges can be displayed simultaneously for data measured with the Heat Flow Logger LR8432-20.
Display the gauges for data you want to compare at the same time in order to see changes in temperature and heat flow at a single glance.
|Specialized functions for heat flow measurement||- Easy scaling settings: directly enter the sensitivity of the heat flow sensor
- Calculations: waveform processing function for the analysis of temperature and heat flow (Simple average, moving average, integration, heat transmission coefficient), Integration with numerical calculations
|Analog inputs||[No. of channels] 10 isolated analog channels using scanning input method (M3 mm dia. screw terminal block)
[Voltage measurement range] ±10 mV to ±60 V, 1-5V, Max. resolution 500 nV
[Temperature : thermocouples] −200 ˚C to 1800 ˚C (depending on sensor), thermocouples (K, J, E, T, N, R, S, B), Max. resolution 0.1 ˚C
[Humidity] not available
[Max. allowable input] 60 V DC
[Max. rated voltage between input channels] [Max. rated voltage to earth]
30 AC Vrms, 60 V DC (max. voltage between input channel terminals, and from terminals to chassis ground without damage)
|Pulse inputs||[No. of channels] 4 pulse input channels (requires CONNECTION CABLE 9641,
all pulse inputs share common ground with the main unit)
[Totalized pulses] 0 to 1000M (count) (No-voltage ‘a’ contact, open collector or voltage input), Max. resolution 1 pulse
[Rotation count] 0 to 5000/n (r/s), Resolution 1/n (r/s) * n = pulses per rotation (1 to 1,000)
[Max. allowable input] 0 to 10 V DC
[Max. rated voltage between input channels] [Max. rated voltage to earth] Non-isolated
|Recording intervals||10 ms to 1 hour, 19 selections (All input channels are scanned at high speed during every recording interval)|
|Selectable filters||50 Hz, 60 Hz, or OFF (digital filtering of high frequencies on analog channels)|
|Memory capacity||Internal storage: 3.5 M-words, External storage: CF card or USB memory stick (only the HIOKI CF cards are guaranteed for correct operation)|
|External interface||USB 2.0 mini-B receptacle ×1; Functions: Control from a PC, Transfers files from the installed CF card to a PC (cannot transfer files from the connected USB memory stick to a PC via USB communication), Data copy between CF card and USB memory stick|
|Display||4.3-inch WQVGA-TFT color LCD (480 × 272 dots)|
|Functions||Save data to the CF Card or USB memory stick in real time, Numerical Calculations, etc.|
|Power supply||AC Adapter Z1005: 100 to 240 VAC (50/60 Hz), 30 VA Max. (including AC adapter), 10 VA Max. (main unit only)
Battery Pack 9780: Continuous use 2.5 hours (@25°C/77°F), 3 VA Max.
External power source: 10 to 16 V, 10 VA Max. (please contact HIOKI distributor for cable; less than 3 m/9.84 ft cable length)
|Dimensions and mass||176 mm (6.93 in) W × 101 mm (3.98 in) H × 41 mm (1.61 in) D, 550 g (19.4 oz) (Battery Pack 9780 not installed)|
|Included accessories||Measurement Guide ×1, CD-R (Instruction manual PDF, Logger Utility Instruction Manual PDF, Data acquisition application program Logger Utility) ×1, USB cable ×1, AC Adapter Z1005 ×1|
LabVIEW and MATLAB support
|Compatible models||LabVIEW||MATLAB script|
Input cables (1)
*For reference only. Please purchase locally.
For pulse input, 1.5 m (4.92 ft) length
High voltage measurement (2)
* Maximum input-to-ground rated voltages fall within these products’ specifications ranges (and do not affect the connected input units)
Includes space for small items, neoprene rubber
Includes compartment for options, resin-coated
Options for Differential Probes (3)
Can also be used with accessories such as L4936/L4937/L4931 as available for other testers.
30 cm (0.98 ft) length, covert BNC to wire
2.4 m (7.87 ft) length, covert BNC to wire
Attaches to the tip of the banana plug cable, Red/Black: 1 each, 185 mm (7.28 in.) length, CAT II 1000 V
Custom cable (0)
Inquire with your Hioki distributor.
(1) Bus powered USB cable
(2) USB(A)- Micro B cable
(3) 3-prong cable
Storage media (4)
PC Card Precaution
Use only PC Cards sold by HIOKI. Compatibility and performance are not guaranteed for PC cards made by other manufacturers. You may be unable to read from or save data to such cards.
16 GB, Long-life, High-reliability SLC Flash Memory
Power supply (2)
*Z1005 is supplied as standard
100 to 240 V AC
NiMH, Charges while installed in the main unit
For the PC (1)
Other options (1)
For LCD protection, pairs of sheets