PV POWER VERIFIER LR8400-92/-93
Check Your Solar Power Levels and Verify Integrity to Solve Power Loss Problems
Hioki Memory HiLoggers are high-speed data loggers for recording multiple chanels of voltage, current, temperature or humidity signals, providing complete isolation between channels and strong noise resistance. The LR8400-9X Series take logging to a new level by meeting applications in solar power measurement.
- Estimate expected electricity production (estimated electrical energy) (*1)
- Production can be measured without shutting off the circuit
- Investigate module failures by identifying strings with wiring breaks and using the instrument in conjunction with a masking shield
- Measure production trend
- Add up to 7 more channels of clamp or temperature measurements even in PV mode (*2)
- *1:Estimate the expected electricity production at the current time under continuously varying conditions of air temperature and insolation. Compare the estimate with actual electricity production.
- *2:When PV mode is turned OFF, the instrument can also be used as a 30-channel data logger. When PV mode is turned OFF, optional input units can be added to expand the instrument to a maximum of 60 channels.
Model No. (Order Code)
|LR8400-92||Discontinued, Set model|
|LR8400-93||Discontinued, Set model|
PV mode basic specifications
(Automatic setting of conversion ratio)
|[unit1-ch1] Voltage measurement mode, 1 V f.s., 1000 V conversion ratio
[unit1-ch2] Current measurement mode, 1 V f.s., 1000 A conversion ratio
[unit1-ch3] Insolation measurement mode, output conversion ratio for selected Pyranometer
[unit1-ch4] Panel temperature measurement mode, K thermocouple 100°C f.s., 1°C conversion ratio
|Expansion channel settings||[unit1-ch5] to [unit1-ch11] Select and add as voltage, thermocouple, or clamp (2000 A, 200 A, 100 A, 20 A, 10 A).
*[unit1-ch12] to [unit1-ch15] and [unit2-ch1] to [unit2-ch15] cannot be used in PV mode.
(Automatic setting of equation)
|[W1] Power (kW) = Voltage (Ch. 1-1) × current (Ch. 1-2)
[W2] Power integration (kWh) = Voltage (Ch. 1-1) × current (Ch. 1-2) × measurement time (h)
[W3] Estimated power (kW) = Insolation strength (Ch. 1-3) / Gs (standard test condition of 1 kW/m2) × (1 + temperature loss*1) × (1 - coefficient for other losses) × photovoltaic cell rated output (kW)
[W4] Estimated integration (kWh) = Insolation strength (Ch. 1-3) / Gs (standard test condition of 1 kW/m2) × (1 + temperature loss*1) × (1 - coefficient for other losses) × photovoltaic cell rated output (kW) × measurement time (h)
*1 Temperature loss = Photovoltaic cell maximum output temperature coefficient × (panel temperature (Ch. 1-4) - 25) / 100
[W5] AC estimated power (kW) = Estimated power (w3) × power conditioner conversion efficiency (reference value)
[W6] AC estimated integration (kWh) = Estimated energy (w4) × power conditioner conversion efficiency (reference value)
[W7] Estimated power approximation rate (%) = Energy (w2) / estimated energy (w4)
|Display||PV wave + Value, PV wave + Crsr, Gauge + PV wave, PV value, Estimate power, AC estimate (reference values)|
|Other specifications||Functionality is identical to that of the LR8400-20 when PV mode is OFF.|
Combination status with LabVIEW or MATLAB script
|Compatible models||LabVIEW||MATLAB script|
Current measurement (0)
Storage media (3)
* Supplied with PC Card adapter
PC Card Precaution
Use only PC Cards sold by HIOKI. Compatibility and performance are not guaranteed for PC cards made by other manufacturers. You may be unable to read from or save data to such cards.
Power supply (2)
*AC adapter is bundled with the LR8400 series